Belize’s Qualified Retired Persons Programme
This program was created especially for persons who wish to retire in tropical Belize. Anyone forty-five years and older may apply. Applications are vetted by the Belize Tourism Board and Belize’s Immigration Department.
Our dedicated professionals will walk you through the application process and assist you in meeting the retiree programme’s requirements. Join the many retirees who are now enjoying Belize’s warm tropical climate!
Competitive Advantages of retiring in Belize:
- Anyone forty-five years or older qualifies;
- Dependants can be included in the programme (spouse, children under 18 or up to 23 if enrolled in a university);
- Applicant should be a recipient of pension or annuity of at least US $2,000 per month.
- Duty and tax exemptions not exceeding US $15,000 on new or used personal and household effects;
- Motor vehicle, boat and aircraft can be imported free of duties and taxes.
- Easy access to land for development and construction of retirement home;
- Sub-tropical climate all year round;
- English speaking;
- Friendly people;
- Close proximity to USA and Mexico;
- Natural resources.